Monday, April 23, 2007

A DaY tO ReMeMbEr

A DaY tO ReMeMbEr by Cazzie

It was a day that the small town of Limerick would never forget, a day that would be etched in the minds and indeed, the very skins of every single taunted resident.

In the house that the hand basket maker lived, also lived two old cronies, age did not weary them...not like the people who lived next door to them, that's for sure. The people next door were always calling the fuzz, every day of their lives. Complaining about the smell resonating from the house..I mean, what would you do if you had the scent of a sewer next door? You would surely call the authorities.

Not this morning, this morning, there was no phone call, no police visit, no blaring sirens to awaken the whole neighbourhood. What WAS wrong with these people?

I sat in our front yard tree, eating my red shiny apple, watching, waiting for action. Nothing...so I skipped on across the road to have a perve in the window of the old cronies and hand basket maker's abode, a faux pas in these parts I know, nevertheless, I wanted to know what WAS going on.

The sight before me was alarming...I was in shock, they were all sitting there playing cards..WITH the neighbours. All the fights they had had over the years.

Then, the worst freak scathingly looked up at me. The hand basket maker leaped out through the window, "Gotcha kiddo". I scampered free, ran down the road, only to look behind me and see them all chasing me, they were stark raving lunatics, NUDE lunatics at that!!!

My Dad came running out of our house to see what the commotion was all about, he had a stroke and died on the spot. I think the sight of the naked old gits was just too much for him. His death dumbfounded many people.

Yep, the story of the old cronies, the hand basket maker and their neighbours was one for the history books of this town. The memories taunted by this. Never before had anyone been so brazen as to run naked down the main street..... on what was Christmas Day.

2 comments:

Momentary Madness said...

Heart attack time; certainly a surprise ending and it being on Christmas morning. Nothing held back; a good punch Cazzie.

Cazzie!!! said...

Hey , thanks Paddy :) Glad you got to read it mate.