Monday, April 9, 2007

Well done, Hillbilly Grasshopper

The poll is closed and it's official - Hillbilly Mom is this week's winner!!!

Stop by her blog and congratulate her or just say it here - she checks in here often while she bounces her chilly Ice Baby on her hillbilly knee.

Okay, so now Hillbilly Mom, it's up to you to provide us with a new list of The Words by Thursday. Get crackin', by cracky!

To everyone else, tell your friends, tell your neighbors - we need more story submissions! (We also need more voters, but we'll tackle that after we get more writers.) So write! And make your friends write! They'll thank you for it. Trust me.

Questions? Email me. The little white box in the upper part of the sidebar tells you how to do it.

4 comments:

Cap'n Neurotic said...

Hillbilly Mom, congrats on your decisive (and yes, with the number of people voting, 2 votes does count as decisive) victory. I look forward to seeing your selectiong of words. But be sure not to play favorites: the NAACV is watching . . .

Hillbilly Mom said...

Thanks, Cap'n. I was ready to concede early in the evening, being down by several votes. Even checking the results every 5 minutes didn't change things. Then I logged on later, and found that there'd been a last-minute surge in the HM love.

I have tried to get other people to play, but nobody takes the bait. Maybe I will write a post and try to shame some of my readers into playing. And if they are reading this...that's just a little joke.

I have been trying to think of words all day, but so far, I got nothin'. I will put on my thinking cap, which is also referred to as The Royal Crown of Hillmomba, and consult some of my loyal subjects.

I sure don't want the NAACV to come down on me.

Cazzie!!! said...

Well done HBM, I await your words with anti-cip-ation :)

Cap'n Neurotic said...

¿Dónde están las nuevas palabras? ¡Necesito las nuevas palabras!