Sunday, April 15, 2007

The Writing Challenge - "Nation of Hillmomba" Edition

Oklahoma's weather has been insane this past week and my computer has been shut down and unplugged since Thursday night because of the highly electrified atmosphere around here. Usually my personality is pretty electric, in and of itself, but the weather even outdid me the last few days.

But now, I'm back in action and (drum roll please) hooked up to broadband internet (wild applause here), so all should be groovy from here on out. Or until the next storm rolls in.

Hillbilly Mom sent me her list of The Words nearly a week ago, but they've been locked away in a 55-gallon drum for safe-keeping until now. So now, with crowbar in hand, I present to you...

The Words for this week's Writing Challenge - "Nation of Hillmomba" Edition:

faux pas
taunted
handbasket
limerick
dumbfounded
freak
scathingly
cronies

Writing is open NOW and all stories must be submitted by Saturday, April 21st.

Get writing, by cracky!

4 comments:

Cap'n Neurotic said...

Woo-hoo, we have words! Was going through writing challenge withdrawal. Now I can sit back, relax, and procrastinate until 24 hours before the deadline to write anything, just like usual.

Cazzie!!! said...

Cap'n, you make me jealous :)

Bubblegum Tate said...

Don't let him fool you, Cazzie. Though he waits until the final 24 hours, the good Cap'n just takes the entire week's worth of angst and writers' block and makes it all fit in that tiny, tiny day.

Verification word is fggeguio. Fggeguio, noun, the sound an opera singer makes when she swallows wrong in the middle of an aria.

Cap'n Neurotic said...

Tate, hush! You'll ruin my mystique!