Thursday, May 31, 2007

It will be fun. Truuuuuust me.

There are obviously two front runners in this round, so the two of you need to start thinking of your words, should you manage to make it without falling on your ass like Miss U.S.A.

But be ye advised, ladies....

There be changes coming to WitToI.

Next round, all those wishing to participate will draw a writing style from a virtual hat and will then draw a short list of pop culture references that have to be worked into the story from another virtual hat. Along with The Words.

Sound fun??

Stop! Don't run screaming!! It'll be fun! Really! We're going to be challenged as writers - just like on the show So You Think You Can Dance, where the contestants have to draw each week for a different dance style so they're challenged as dancers. Except we're budding writers, not dancers. (The only dancing I can do with any proficiency is clogging and that talent has yet to help me writing whatsoever.)

Annnnnnyhoo....I fully expect all of you who have been writing here regularly to particpate. No begging out. You're not THAT busy. Tate, the baby is no excuse, either.

(Any pop culture references that you might want to throw in the hat, send to me in an email. i.e. Paris Hilton, American Idol, TB outbreak on a plane, etc.)

4 comments:

Hillbilly Mom said...

I can't keep the secret any longer. I have know for the past 24 hours. It is eating away at me.

I HAVE COMMITTED AN EMBARRASSING CONTEST FAUX PAS! I have broken the rules.

I used a plural!!! Off with my head! I had no reason to use it. I could have easily used the correct word. But no...I had to fill my imaginary village with scofflawS, when one would have been plenty.

I have already confessed to Grand Master D, over on her blog. To repeat parts of my confession (I might as well plagiarize myself, what with turning into such a scofflaw and all), I must be disqualified.

I must be stopped. I need some tough love. Lock me up with Paris Hilton. On second thought...perhaps rehab with Lindsay Lohan will suffice.

Disqualify me before I cheat again!

Hillbilly Mom said...

Oh, yeah. I know I used daffodilS too, but there was a singular in the next-to-last paragraph. Just sayin'...I'm not a ginormous cheater, just a cheater.

Cap'n Neurotic said...

See, daffodilS jumped out at me, and then I saw that you used the singular form a few times so figured that it was just a case of premature bolding; don't know how scofflawS slipped past my keen detective skills.

I blame the birthday; I'm slipping in my slightly-older age.

Cazzie!!! said...

LOL, this will be fun. I am thinking of a theme here...I will email you with the thought Diva :)