Thursday, May 10, 2007

Beck's Tea to Dye For

By Mrs. E.

Women Have I Got A DEAL FOR YOU!!!

I recently decided to do somethin about the grey in my hair which were beginin to show along with some dark roots. So I went to the Walmarts and got what was supposed to be just one shade darker than the last time because I had gone lighter but the grey was showin way too much with that color so I had to go darker. They had a new box with new pictures and this lovely color that would make my grey disappear and my roots too. That gal on that box had used that color and it twere down right beautiful. Well I snatched that baby up and took it home just waitin' to have enough time to use it. This weekend the time were right.

So I did just what it said except I didn't do a color test because heck I'd used this brand for many years and had never had no reaction or nothin just beautiful hair color. Imagine my surprise when I looked in the mirror as I was a dryin my curly locks and noticed the color was redder than the box showed. Matter of fact my hair was orangish. It twere Whore red!!!

Now I got a neice and she gots pretty red hair. Her daughters gots pretty red hair. Their hair is prettier than anything you'll ever see on a box of hair color. Mine was not that color. I don't usually get too bent out of shape over hair color. I mean I've been doing it so long that I have had a few times when the color weren't quite what I had hoped for. Why I've had my hair have geenish tints to it where it kind of glowed like them glow sticks you can get for Halloween so as to see better in the dark but never, never, never, ever have I seen my hair look this bad. I panicked.

I called my friend who later told me that the sound of my voice really had her scared. She thought there was some major disaster. She thought she was a gonna haft to get into her car and drive half way across town just to rescue me from whatever fiend was a tormentin me. When she heard it were just my hair, she tried to reasure me but I was havin' none of that. Bein the good friend that she is, she called her sister who called a friend who wasn't home and I still was freakin out. I washed my hair twice while I was waitin for her call back.
\u003cdiv\> \u003c/div\> \u003cdiv\>Any way she called the girl who does our hair who by the way was in St. Louis at a hair show. This darlin girl called me all the way from St Louis and then went to talk to all those high falootin hair people at the hair show. She called back with a solution. I was willin' to try just about anythin and heck them hair people in St. Louis surely knew somethin about fixin bad hair dolor. So I pulled my hair back into a ponytail, stuffed\n it under a ball cap of Duane's so that none of it was a showin and headed for the Walmarts to see if I could find a remedy.

Well, I had to get something that had Ash in it. I thought I had already made an "ASH" of myself but I was willin to try anything. Whore Red!!! Horrid Whore Red!!! Well, it worked. I still have reddish tints but the color does look more natural and I can go out in public again.

At school on Monday nobody even noticed or at least they never said nothin.

So I said all of that to tell you about a new store that I am openin for women only. Its gonna be a hair colorin place. Now I know they already have these things I've been there but dang those gals charge out the wazoo. I'm thinkin it would just be a place where women could sit around discussin whatever came to mind and then when someone needed a\n hair colorin done we could all look her over real good and then as a committee pick out the right color. We could help one another get it on right. You know like only coverin the roots for awhile and then spreadin it out thru the rest of the hair. We could help time one another and cheer each other on. Heck we'd only have to charge a dollor or two more than what it cost at the Walmarts.

We'd have to call it somethin that don't sound like no beauty shop stuff 'cause you gots to have a license to call it that. I was thinkin of pretendin the shoppe were a fancy tea type place. We'd have a code we used. You'd order green tea and that would be the ash colors. You'd order tomato juice or red soda pop for the redder colors or lemonade for the blonde.


I gots a plan here. I'm workin on a name. We'd have to be exclusive. None of them funny boys a hangin around. I'm thinkin of callin it Beck's Tea to Dye For!!!!! Snappy! Huh!!

Look for it the next time you head out to cruise main street. This is an idee that is way past due. We'll be a lookin for you and have the teapot ready to boil unless your in the mood for some red soda or some lemonade.

3 comments:

Cap'n Neurotic said...

Taking your trauma and transforming it into a financial gain; that's the pioneering capitalist spirit of America itself at work there, that is.

I'm still bummed there's no pictures :(

Anonymous said...

check your grammar.

Anonymous said...

check your grammar.